We are currently recruiting for a Supervised Visitation Worker – Relief worker - Casual On Call). Please apply with cover letter and resume by email.
The Supervised Visitation Worker provides supervision and monitoring for visits between parents and their children where there are concerns for physical, psychological or emotional safety. Visits will take place in the family home, the foster family’s home, Touchstone, MCFD visiting room, or in a community setting. The Supervised Visitation Worker will/may provide transportation to and from a visit for parents or their children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and schedules visits in consultation with all participating parties.
• Discusses visitation needs, client history and level of vigilance required for visits with the referral source.
• Provides program orientation to all clients
• Provides consistent and safe transportation services of clients to visit sites, if requested by the referral source
• If warranted, meets parents and foster parents separately and ensures that they do not come in contact with one another to ensure safety and confidentiality.
• Sets up a visit space with toys and activities appropriate to the age and developmental stage of the children.
• Remains with the family for the duration of visit, monitoring all parent-child interactions for safety and appropriateness.
• Models appropriate childcare practice at all times, while remaining a neutral observer.
• Assesses and intervenes during visits should any safety concerns arise.
• Provides guidance and/or teaching to parents during visits, if requested by the referral source.
• Provides written supervised access reports following each visit and maintains files in accordance with agency standards.
• Is prepared to testify in court, if subpoenaed.
• This position will involve flexible work hours (evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays) to accommodate the needs of clients.
• Any other duties as required.
• Diploma in a related human/social service field or an equivalent in education, training and experience.
• Current First Aid
• Clear Criminal Record Check
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; Driver’s Abstract and a reliable and safe vehicle
• Must have your own reliable vehicle that can transport more than one person.
• This position requires the ability to function independently frequently, while effectively managing emergency situations.
• Program delivery activities may require a moderate level of physical fitness to effectively carry out duties of the position.
Hours of Work:
Maximum 35 hours per week (flexible hours-evenings, weekends, and Statutory holidays)
Salary and Benefits:
Classification: Family Support Worker
Wage Grid 12: $22.02 to $25.65/hour
Benefits: As per the Touchstone Collective Agreement
Note: We thank all applicants for the opportunity to review their resume. Only applicants to be interviewed will be notified.
If you are interested in practicum student opportunities please contact Ashwin Sharma.